AIA Guide to the Twin Cities
- More Info
- By: Larry Millett
- Format: Paper, 592 pages, 4 7/8
- Publisher: MHS Press
- Usually ships in: 1-3 Business Days
- Product ##: 0873515404
Thoroughly researched, meticulously written, and featuring 2,000 architectural structures of wide-ranging styles, this is the guide to the cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Get ready to discover the great architectural mecca that is Minneapolis and St. Paul. The first comprehensive, illustrated handbook of its kind, AIA Guide to the Twin Cities is the ultimate source to the architectural riches of the metropolitan area. Organized by neighborhood and featuring a wealth of sites—from the highest point on the Minneapolis skyline to the modest St. Paul bungalow vibrant with historical and architectural significance—this invaluable reference has it all:
- Illuminating entries for more than 3,000 buildings
- Behind-the-scenes details of the structures and their architects
- Lively information about local history and regional styles
- Highlights of important buildings nearly lost in time
- Sixty easy-to-read maps that pinpoint the location of every structure
- Dozens of planned walking and driving tours
- Over 1,000 photos that illustrate significant buildings and features
Sponsored in part by the American Institute of Architects Minnesota.
Larry Millett has written extensively about Twin Cities architecture. His books include Lost Twin Cities, Twin Cities Then and Now, and Strange Days, Dangerous Nights (all MHS Press), as well as a series of mystery novels featuring Sherlock Holmes.
Our Price: $29.95