The Four Hills of Life
- More Info
- By: Thomas Peacock and Marlene Wisuri
- Format: Paperback book, 128 pp, 10x9, 100 color and b&w illustrations
- Publisher: MHS Press (March 2011)
- Usually ships in: 1-3 business days
- Product ##: 978-0-87351-828-4
Each hill of life has its own challenges and opportunities. Written by an Ojibwe elder, this learning and activity book describes the journey taken through life by previous generations of Ojibwe living on Madeline Island, and the relevance today of these life lessons for young readers and adults.
The first hill of life is from birth to infancy, when babies are dependent upon their parents. the second hill is youth, when Ojibwe young people are taught moral values and life skills. The third hill is no less difficult to climb; adults follow their life paths and raise their families. the fourth hill leads to becoming an elder and having the wisdom to guide younger members of the band.