Historic St. Croix Valley
- More Info
- By: Deborah Morse-Kahn
- Format: Paperback book, 232 pp., 4 1/2 x 8, 65 b&w photographs
- Publisher: MHS Press (August 2010)
- Usually ships in: 1 to 3 business days
- ISBN 978-0-87351-774-4
Looking for a new perspective on your favorite weekend getaway? Travel back through time with this historical tour of the beautiful St. Croix River.
Whether you enjoy skiing, antiquing, camping, or simply taking in the fall colors, the St. Croix Valley is a popular and affordable day trip or vacation destination for thousands of visitors every year. The quaint towns that dot the Minnesota and Wisconsin sides of this scenic 130-mile stretch of river offer many modern-day attractions but also are a window into this region’s storied past.
Let Deborah Morse-Kahn and her new book The Historic St. Croix Valley be your guide to
• Ojibwe and Dakota Indian sites
• logging, railroad, milling, and shipping history
• state and regional parks, forests, and wildlife areas
• dozens of National Register historic properties and districts
• storied bridges and the remnants of a military road
• the spectacular geographic formations of the Dalles
Detailed maps and practical visitor information help vacationers find their favorite destinations with ease, and insightful tips on restaurants, lodging, and things to do make this the perfect companion for your scenic drive along the St. Croix River.
Deborah Morse-Kahn works as a specialist in historic preservation and cultural resource management and is the author of Lake Superior’s Historic North Shore: A Guided Tour.
Our Price: $15.95