Songs of the Voyageurs CD
This selection of traditional voyageur songs, sung in French by the 30-voice male choir of the Université de Moncton of New Brunswick, Canada, celebrates the French-Canadian canoe men of the North American fur trade who sang as they paddled over rivers and lakes during the 17th, 18th, and early 19th centuries.
The accompanying booklet contains the song lyrics in French and a description of voyageur life by renowned historian Theodore C. Blegen.
- Booklet by Theodore C. Blegen
- Format: CD, 12 selections, 25:20 minutes, 48-page companion booklet
- Publisher: MNHS Press
- Product ##: 0873513614
THEODORE C. BLEGEN (1891-1969) was a professor of history and the dean of the graduate school at the University of Minnesota, a professor of history at Hamline University, and a superintendent of the Minnesota Historical Society.
- À Saint-Malo (1:15)
- Envoyons de l'avant (1:59)
- C'est le vent frivolant (2:18)
- En roulant ma boule (2:14)
- Margoton va-t-à l'eau (1:30)
- Mon merle (1:57)
- Dans les prisons de Nantes (2:01)
- Passant par Paris (2:13)
- Au cabaret (2:08)
- À la claire fontaine (2:30)
- C'est l'aviron (2:49)
- Alouette (2:18)