About Epson InkJet Print
Your print is made using Epson Ultra Premium Luster paper with Epson Ultra Chrome K3 inks creating a color and tone that best represents the original (i.e., black & white, sepia, color, etc.).
NOTE: Printed image proportions, whether 8x10 or 11x14, etc., are dictated by the actual proportions of the original image. All print sizes have a maximum of ½ inch white border on each long side plus a minimum of ¼ inch white border on each narrow side and are centered on the print. Trimming or matting may be required if framing is the intended use. Cropping information can be sent directly to the Photo Lab or included in the comment section of your order. We do not offer borderless prints at this time. Each print will have information about the image and creator printed within the border.
Image Area on print
- 16 x 21 print has a maximum image area of 15.5 inches by 19.5 inches.
- 13 x 19 print has a maximum image area of 12.5 inches by 18 inches.
- 8.5 x 11 print has a maximum image area of 8 inches by 10 inches.
*image size is approximate to the original photograph’s proportions.
- Contrast and density are determined by staff to produce the highest quality reproduction possible.
- Borders are set at ½ inch; the proportion of the original image is centered on the print. In some cases, this may cause one set of borders to be larger than the ½ inch on one side. The print will be made to fit as close as possible to the print size ordered with at least a ½ inch white bordered edge.
- The full image area will be reprinted as much as practical, with the exclusion of edge blemishes and writing. These will be cropped out to improve the overall appearance of the object, unless cropping would remove significant visual information.
- In some cases the entire original item will be printed as an object, past the edge showing a neutral background. (i.e. Studio card, Carte de Visite, Postcard, or Stereo view)
- Each print will have information about the image and creator printed within the border.
Care, storage and display of Epson prints
- Store Epson prints in a clear polyester sleeve or folder, away from extreme temperatures, high humidity and bright lights to prevent them becoming discolored, faded or blurred.
- When displaying Epson prints indoors, Epson recommends placing the prints in glass frames or photo albums to preserve the colors in your image.
- Storing Epson prints in photo albums protects them from both airborne contaminants and light and assures them the longest life. Epson recommends using acid-free, archival sleeves that are commonly available from camera shops and other retailers.
- If your Epson prints are exposed to airborne contaminants and light they may discolor.
- To prevent fading, avoid displaying your Epson prints outdoors or in a place exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not store your Epson prints where they are exposed to chemicals.
- Be careful not to let the printed side of your Epson print come into contact with materials that could stick to it, such as other photographs, otherwise the image may peel off.