Red Wing 1 Pint Beehive Jug
The legacy of Red Wing Pottery goes back to 1877, when the first stoneware company was formed in Red Wing, at the sharpest navigable bend in the Mississippi River. Settlers needed crocks, jugs, and sewer pipe, and Goodhue County had the clay deposits and an immigrant workforce to start producing millions of pieces of functional stoneware.
Continuing this proud tradition, Red Wing Stoneware and Pottery currently operates at two locations, on West Main Street (on the site where the original Red Wing Stoneware building existed a century ago) and north of town on the east side of highway 61, where large scale production is taking place. Both locations have retail shops and potters throwing and firing beautiful pottery.