The Essential Handbook of Victorian Etiquette
- Learn how to properly criticize your spouse.
- Learn how to refuse soup at a formal dinner
- Learn how to avoid appearing ridiculous while traveling.
- learn how to reply to a love letter from a young man who uses tobacco.
- Learn what to do with your cane, parasol, bonnet and dog when calling.
- Learn who not to marry.
Every do and every don't in this book is exactly as it was written down by the Victorian era's leading expert on manners and morals. Professor Thomas E. Hill directed the proper American man and woman on the "approved methods in speaking and acing in the various relations of life." Pick up the correct fork and dig into this delicious collection of Victorian society's craziest dos and don'ts and weirdest musts and mustn'ts.
- Author: Thomas E. Hill
- Format: Paperback, 128 pages, 6 x 0.5 x 8 inches
- Publisher: Bluewood Books (1994)
- ISBN: 0912517123