Media Duplication Service
For this service, Library Staff will duplicate one media item per request. Note: Once order is placed, staff will determine the cost and send an order total to you via email.
About this Research Service:
Film files will be delivered as watermarked mp4 files or unwatermarked high definition (ProRes 2K) MOV files.
Video files will be delivered as watermarked mp4 files or unwatermarked standard definition (DV50) MOV files.
Audio (including oral histories) will be delivered as WAV files. (CD delivery available upon request for audio materials.)
We will not digitize/deliver portions of media such as time-stamped film snippets or single songs from an album. Customers will receive a digital copy of the entire item.
Due to copyright and/or donor restrictions, some items cannot be duplicated. Staff reviews all orders and will contact you with additional options if item cannot be duplicated.
Specific KSTP-TV materials can be requested using this service; identification/locator numbers are required. Please see the KSTP-TV Archives page for more information.
If media will be used for production or other public use, further permission and licensing is required. Granting permission for duplication does not grant permission to exhibit, quote from, or broadcast this item.
Turnaround: Staff will be in contact within 15 business days of request with total cost.
- Staff will assess costs and send an order total to you via email (see charts below to estimate)
- If order total exceeds your budget, you can opt to cancel your order before providing payment.
- MNHS Members receive 10% discount included in the quoted price
|Format type||Fee (per item)|
|Audio cassettes, CDs||$10|
|VHS and other videocassette types||$20|
|Film prints (16mm)||
|Per file delivered electrionically||$5|
|Per audio CD shipped via USPS||$10|
For More Information:
- Accessing and Purchasing Audio/Video Materials
- Contact staff via the Library's email form; please be sure to indicate that your question is regarding Audio-Visual/Moving Images.