Media Duplication Service
For this service, Library Staff will duplicate one media item per request. Note: Once order is placed, staff will determine the cost and send an order total to you via email.
About this Research Service:
Film files will be delivered as watermarked mp4 files or unwatermarked high definition (ProRes 2K) mov files, audio (including oral histories) as WAV files. CD and DVD delivery available upon request. We will not digitize/deliver portions of media such as film clips or specific songs on a CD. Customers will receive a digital copy of the entire item such as a film reel or entire CD.
Due to copyright and/or donor restrictions, some items cannot be duplicated. Staff reviews all orders and will contact you with additional options if item cannot be duplicated.
KSTP-TV materials that are already digitized can be requested using this service. Please see the KSTP-TV Archives page for more information on non-digitized KSTP materials.
If media will be used for production or other public use, further permission and licensing is required. Granting permission for duplication does not grant permission to exhibit, quote from, or broadcast this item.
- Staff will assess costs and send an order total to you via email.
- If order total exceeds your budget, you can opt to cancel your order before providing payment.
- Costs are calculated using the chart below
- Shipping fees are included in the quoted price
- MNHS Members receive 10% discount included in the quoted price
Turnaround: Staff will be in contact within 5 business days of order with total cost.
For More Information:
- Accessing and Purchasing Audio/Video Materials
- Contact staff via the Library's email form; please be sure to indicate that your question is regarding Audio-Visual/Moving Images.
Original Media Type: Fee (per item):
Cassettes, CDs, reel-to-reel, VHS
Film, audio, and oral histories already digitized
Film prints (16mm)
$50 for standard mp4 file
$100 for high-res (DV50) mov file