1918 Alien Registration Record Search Request
For this research service, Library Staff will search for one individual's Alien Registration record.
Turnaround: Research is usually completed and sent within 60 business days.
About This Research Service:
MNHS holds registration and declaration of holdings forms for non-US citizens (“aliens”) residing in Minnesota in February 1918. These records were created by the Minnesota Commission of Public Safety; federal "enemy alien" registrations of German men are not included.
Each Alien Registration Form includes some or all of the following information:
- Registrant’s name
- Address and length of residence there
- Place and date of birth
- Marital status
- Port of entry and date of arrival in the United States
- Naturalization status
- Names and ages of living children
- A male registrant’s draft status
- Names and relationships of male relatives participating in World War I and the country served
- Information on the ownership, location, value, sale, and transfer of real and personal property (within and outside of Minnesota).